Services at affordable prices
We are always happy to welcome new patients at Ferry Dental Centre. First visit establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with the patient. We make sure to obtain important background information, such as medical history, and give the patient time to interact with the dentist. It is important that we know up-to-date information. This information helps us select the safest and most effective method of treatment for you.
We encourage you to ask questions and give us an idea of your expectations. This helps us decide the immediate and future course of action.
The Basic Steps During The First Visit Are:
- Filling out a questionnaire (Medical History Form) on past medical history and dental examinations/procedures.
- Meeting your Dentist and the Treatment coordinator, discussing all your concerns, needs and wishes. Thorough checking of patient’s oral health. Check for problems even ones that the patient might not see or feel – such as early signs of decay.
- We take digital x-rays which allows us to view the structure of the jaw, the position of any teeth that have not yet erupted, malformed roots, tooth decay, present fillings and their condition.
- We take photos with our intra oral camera of areas of interest and discuss them with you so you are involved and reassured that the proposed treatment is needed.
- Oral cancer screening. During an oral exam, your dentist will examine the inside of your mouth and the neck, checking for any abnormalities.
- We will discuss the findings of your examination and available treatment options, away from the surgery in our calm consultation room. We will provide in depth information regarding the proposed treatment as well as all the financing and scheduling issues.
We are located on the first floor of a beautiful grade II listed building and Unfortunately our Location is not accessible to people with walking disabilities (eg wheelchair or pushchair).
No elevator nor chair lift is present and because of legal and constructional limitations installing such is not possible.
We can still help people who cannot access our premises by arranging the appropriate referrals to other dentists.
Please contact us for more details.
You can download, fill and email us your Medical History Form: