You Can Make A Difference
We are very proud to support local charities. We happily donate Dental Gift Vouchers for Fundraising and Raffle events. If you are holding a Charity Fundraising Event and you are interested in our Gift Vouchers, please contact us. We will happily provide vouchers similar to these.
We also donate funds to individuals who participate in Fundraising Activities. If you are raising funds for a Charity please email us a short description of your chosen activity and a link to your Fundraising Page.
We believe in the future. Our dream is to have a world free of disease – including dental. The best way to do this is to educate the Next Generation. We visit various schools nearby and hold educative presentations to our little friends (Oral Hygiene and Dietary advice). All our staff hold Disclosure and Barring Service Checks (previously known as CRB checks) so visiting your school is easy. This is not a marketing activity and the name of our practice nor the dentist will never be mentioned. This is purely an educative activity.
If you work or represent a school and you are interested in our team visiting, please contact us. We can hold a presentation in front of a class or small groups (2-3 classes gathered together), although the smaller the group the better for the pupils.
You Post, We Donate!
Our patient testimonials mean a lot to us. We know life can get busy and we do appreciate the time needed to post a review online. In our effort to motivate you and make up for your precious time we donate £10 for every Google Review ( Google Maps or Google+ ) and £5 for any other online review (our facebook page, whatclinic, freeindex, yell, yelp, etc). Please email us after posting your review to ensure it will be counted towards our monthly donation.
We donate at the beginning of every month and we publish them on our Facebook and Twitter pages. Feel free to suggest your favourite charity.
If you are unsure what you should write in your Review, the British Dental Association advises patients to comment on:
- How easy it was to contact the practice and how soon was your appointment.
- Waiting time to see your dentist.
- The manner in which you were welcomed.
- Cleanliness of the Waiting Area and the Practice in general.
- Were you treated with dignity and respect by our staff.
- How involved were you creating your Treatment Plan.
- Was everything explained? What treatment is needed, the possible outcome and the risks.
- How clear was the cost of your treatment presented and any payment options.
- How satisfied were you with the outcome of your treatment.
- Any comments or improvements needed.
Love is not patronizing and charity isn’t about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same — with charity you give love, so don’t just give money but reach out your hand instead.